The Discovery of the endocannabinoid system (ECS) is the single most ‘important scientific medical discovery since the recognition of the sterile surgical technique. As our knowledge expands, we are coming to realize that the ECS is a master control system of virtually all physiology.’ – Dr. David B. Allen
CBD For Migraines
What are migraines?
– Migraines are recurrent headaches that are moderate to severe in nature.
How long can they last?
– Migraines can last from hours to days
How dangerous are migraines?
– Migraine sufferers also tend to experience depression, anxiety, and sleep problems.
What causes migraines?
– The exact causes are not known. However, migraines can be caused by the imbalance in brain chemicals – including Serotonin.
Levels of Serotonin drop during migraines.
Migraines may be triggered by a variety of other factors, like hormonal changes, foods, drinks like coffee and alcohol, stress, and bad sleep habits.
How CBD can help with migraines?
– Recent studies are supporting a link between endocannabinoid system deficiency and migraines.
Migraine sufferers may not produce enough endogenous cannabinoids.
In a recent study in human patients, results showed that CBD was an effective form of pain relief in higher dosages (up to 200mg). It was shown that CBD medicine was most effective in treating acute pain during an attack and also decreasing the frequency or duration of attacks.